Interview Do’s and Don’ts
If you’re guilty of over-thinking interview preparation just bare these do’s and don’ts in mind to un-complicate the situation:
- Ask for directions when making arrangements for the interview
- Greet the employer by his/her surname
- Dress and act conservatively and business-like
- Wait until you are offered a chair before sitting
- Act alert and interested
- Show a passion and determination for the job
- Bring spare paper and digital copies of your CV
- Appear overly nervous
- Chew gum
- Cross your arms during an interview
- Become preoccupied with taking notes
- Give yes or no answers, elaborate whenever possible.
- Ask yes or no questions. Open questions encourage conversation.
Ramble in your answers. Keep to 3 or 4 clear points.