About the Client:Established for over 30 years this UK market-leading provider of Commercial Flooring and Roofing Solutions require an experienced Business Development Manager to help drive the business forward. This role requires a high calibre applicant, ideally with previous experience in the Flooring, Roofing or Construction sectors. My client is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager in and around Bedfordshire.
About the Role:
- To answer all calls into the sales group in a professional and timely manner.
- To contact estimating and quantity surveying departments of construction companies and request tender enquiries for flooring finishes
- To actively seek out new business opportunities for the company and convert these to tender enquiries
- To work towards targets set by Sales Manager/Director
- To provide Estimators with enough secured tender opportunities to achieve the set sales targets.
- To maintain a supply chain list of approved suppliers allocated by the Sales Manager
- To actively target new supply chains as directed by the Sales Manager
- To record all prospecting activity on the Project Tracker and follow up accordingly.
- To carry out ad hoc projects as directed by the Sales Manager
- To log and act on any sales lead information generated for the company
- To follow up on all unsecured tenders returned by the Sales Estimators and convert these projects to secured opportunities where it is possible to do so
- To promote the company to existing and prospective new customers verbally and in writing
- To provide support to the Sales Estimators as and when needed
- To assist with filing and other housekeeping duties as and when requested
- To work to and uphold the principles of the company’s Quality Management System
- To be responsible for personal Health & Safety and to notify appropriate parties of any issues.
About the Candidate:
- Ability to use the telephone system/Internet/Internet
- Understanding of tender process (unsecured and secured)
- Understanding of pricing floor finishes, labour and adhesives
- Understanding of flooring products suppliers, manufacturers , fitting and associated materials
- Knowledge of Main Contractor accounts and internal structures
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- IT skills Excel/Word
- Work under own Initiative
- Good verbal and written communication
- Selling Skills
- Organisation Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi task
- Negotiation Skills
- Time Management Skills
- BDM's from a Manufacturer will not be considered
- Must be from a Contractor Background
- Please do not apply if you are not a UK resident.
Points of Appeal:
- Great Promotional Prospects
- Good Salary Package
- Multi Million Turnover
- Top 10 Company
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Donna Fisher on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org