About the Client:A leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. They are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining the team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further.
About the Role:
- A key aspect of the role is to support the company’s approach to temporary works by co-ordinating temporary works training, upon completion of training appointing colleagues to the role of temporary works co-ordinator and working with operational colleagues to meet the required standard.
- The role will also include providing expert support to operational teams, conducting regular audits to identify areas for improvement or best practice.
- In addition to the Temporary Works the Engineering Manager will also work with a wide range of internal stakeholders to progress a broad range of strategic engineering initiatives covering sustainable construction, BIM and standard products (off-site build) as well as supporting the internal graduate development programmes.
- The Engineering Manager represents the Company externally, attending and contributing to industry forums and similar bodies.
- This role reports directly to a Board Director
About the Candidate:
- Ideally experience working in both a design and construction environment.
- Ideally the candidate should have a background within the civil engineering industry, although others such as building or mechanical/electrical may be considered
Points of Appeal:
- Rapidly growing company
- Professional but fun workplace, where people have a voice.
- Opportunity for growth
- Training (over £1Million spent on training last year)
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Spencer Wicks on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com