About the Client:Established for over 30 years this UK market-leading provider of Commercial Flooring and Roofing Solutions require an experienced Commercially Astute Buyer to come on board. This role requires a high calibre applicant, ideally with previous experience in the Flooring, Roofing sectors. Other disciplines will be considered. The Buyer will over time develop dependable sources of materials for use with in the companies sites to meet company needs. Group deal will be used where possible to gain the best discount and competitive rates. Budgets will be given for each site and the candidate will need to work within that budget, keeping track throughout.
About the Role:
- Studying the markets and making suggestions of stock changes in orders to make savings,
- Calling off bulk orders as and when sites require this,
- Communicate with in the team and with managers on site,
- Liaising with all other staff members with regards site start dates and site needs,
- Attending meetings to keep up to date with site requirements.
- Arranging payment with the accounts team
- Meetings with new and existing suppliers in order to build rapport
About the Candidate:
- Ability to utilise effective negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse processes and inventory management
- Experience of technical buying from design drawings
- Good numeracy and analytical skills.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of Word and Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships and achieve co-operation.
- Ability to work within a small team and with staff at all levels and with partner organisations, suppliers and clients.
- Use initiative to develop new and beneficial working methods.
- Be receptive to fast moving, challenging and rapidly changing and expanding operations.
- Able to work under pressure in a calm and mature manner.
- Ability to multi-task and constantly reappraise timescales and priorities
- Self-motivated, ability to show initiative and develop creative solutions
- Commitment to the positive promotion of the company
- Confident and personable
- Well presented
- Committed to high professional standard
- CIPS training or membership (desirable)
- Relevant NVQ or purchasing qualification (desirable
- Must live a commutable distance to Bedford (PLEASE DO NOT APPLY IF YOU ARE NOT LIVING IN THE UK)
Points of Appeal:
- Great Promotional Prospects
- Good Salary Package
- Multi Million Turnover
- Top 10 Company
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Donna Fisher on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org