About the Client:Established for over 30 years this UK market-leading provider of Commercial Flooring and Roofing Solutions require an experienced Business Development Manager to help drive the business forward. This role requires a high calibre applicant, ideally with previous experience in the Flooring, Roofing or Construction sectors.
About the Role:
- To answer all calls into the sales group in a professional and timely manner.
- To contact estimating and quantity surveying departments of construction companies and request tender enquiries for flooring finishes
- To actively seek out new business opportunities for the company and convert these to tender enquiries
- To work towards targets set by Sales Manager/Director
- To provide Estimators with enough secured tender opportunities to achieve the set sales targets.
- To maintain a supply chain list of approved suppliers allocated by the Sales Manager
- To actively target new supply chains as directed by the Sales Manager
- To record all prospecting activity on the Project Tracker and follow up accordingly.
- To carry out ad hoc projects as directed by the Sales Manager
- To log and act on any sales lead information generated for the company
- To follow up on all unsecured tenders returned by the Sales Estimators and convert these projects to secured opportunities where it is possible to do so
- To promote the company to existing and prospective new customers verbally and in writing
- To provide support to the Sales Estimators as and when needed
- To assist with filing and other housekeeping duties as and when requested
- To work to and uphold the principles of the company’s Quality Management System
- To be responsible for personal Health & Safety and to notify appropriate parties of any issues.
About the Candidate:
- Ability to use the telephone system/Internet/Internet
- Understanding of tender process (unsecured and secured)
- Understanding of pricing floor finishes, labour and adhesives
- Understanding of flooring products suppliers, manufacturers , fitting and associated materials
- Knowledge of Main Contractor accounts and internal structures
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills
- IT skills Excel/Word
- Work under own Initiative
- Good verbal and written communication
- Selling Skills
- Organisation Skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi task
- Negotiation Skills
- Time Management Skills
- BDM's from a Manufaturer will not be considered
- Must be from a Contractor Background
- Please do not apply if you are not a UK resident.
Points of Appeal:
- Great Promotional Prospects
- Good Salary Package
- Multi Million Turnover
- Top 10 Company
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Donna Fisher on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com