About the Client:Renowned flooring contractor who are specialists in Commercial/Domestic flooring and Commercial Wall and Floor Tiling. They specialise in bathrooms, to restaurants, health clubs and spas, swimming pools and other sports venues. Their projects are nationwide with values ranging from a few thousand up to £250K. The successful candidate will have a good knowledge within flooring and have proven experience at senior management level.
About the Role:
- Supporting the director with the daily running of the business
- Overseeing a team of 3 Contract Managers plus fitters and managing projects from tender through to completion
- Be responsible for Health and Safety in the work place and carrying out the risk assessments for sites, equipment etc
- Assemble a work force of site managers, sub-contractors and direct labour.
- Procure and manage sub-contractor work packages.
- Plan and program projects ensuring that all developments are delivered safely and successfully, in line with agreed quality, cost and time related criteria.
- Estimating/ Quantifying for both BOQ & quotations
- Site Visits - Pre Start meetings
- Contractors work, negotiating rates for the contracts.
- Build long lasting relationships with new and existing clients
About the Candidate:
- A proven history in a senior management / director position with a modern view on business strategies
- Ambition to run department and help shape the company’s future
- Be commercially astute
- Have a minimum of 5 years within the flooring sector
- Have managed multiple projects with values up to £250K
- Have outstanding problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and provide leadership in the execution of complex construction projects.
- Assess operational effectiveness of sub-contractors.
- Analyse and interpret technical drawings accurately and effectively.
- Strong knowledge of the flooring industry, including design and specifications.
- Hold a CSCS Card
Points of Appeal:
- Profit shares
- Growing company
- Fantastic working environment
- Established company
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Donna Fisher on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org