About the Client:Established for over 30 years this UK market-leading provider of Commercial Flooring, Roofing and Cladding solutions require a Design Manager / Designer to come on board. This role requires a high calibre applicant, with previous experience preferably on the cladding side, however they will consider other specialist subcontractor backgrounds.
About the Role:
- You will manage the design process during the construction phase and must be able to explore value engineering and value creation opportunities.
- You will need to explore various cost effective solutions within the design.
- Your role will include reviewing tender enquiry documentation.
- You will need to manage design through external consultants as required.
- You will progress design issues within agreed programmes and ensure relevant personnel meet information delivery dates.
- You will have to produce design information release programmes.
- You will have to ensure that the consultant's scope of services, responsibilities and costs are agreed.
- It will be up to you to manage drawings, specifications, RFI and instructions issued and received.
- You will have to attend chair design meetings as required.
About the Candidate:
- Roofing & cladding / flooring or other subcontractor background
- Proven history in a similar role
- Minimum Design Manager / Designer experience 1 year +
- Full driving license
- Computer literate – essential experience of AutoCAD plus working knowledge of databases, Word and Excel
- Ability to translate concepts into drawings neatly and accurately; flair for drawing and design
- Excellent numeracy skills
- A good understanding of architectural details including curtain wall, window and door systems and ability to organise data
- Good communication skills, ability to prioritise workload and time management skills
- Good level of accuracy, detail and administrative efficiency.
- Only candidates with the relevant backgrounds will be considered
- UK residents only
Points of Appeal:
- Great salary package
- Long term prospects
- Interesting projects
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Donna Fisher on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com