About the Client:Our client is a well-established roofing & cladding sub-contractor who is continually looking to expand design office. Due to a busy order book they are looking for a Design Manager to join their organisation. They have a reputable name and enjoy the benefit of repeat business from existing clients as well as expanding their client base continuously. My client is looking for an experienced Design Manager in and around Berkshire.
About the Role:
- Manage the project design team to ensure design output achieves the agreed budget and programme.
- Produce, monitor and adjust, as may be required, Design programmes reflecting the required timely production of design output. Monitor, control and report on the expenditure of design budgets at monthly CVR meetings.
- Allocation and adjustment, as may be necessary, of staff and sub-contracted resources to ensure design output meets project requirements in consultation with the Company’s Operation’s Managers
- Understand the design output requirements of the Company’s Projects with respect to tendered scope of works, selection of suitable materials and systems, taking into account Specified requirements, National and International Standards, Building Regulations, manufacturer’s recommendations and good practice within our special sector of construction.
- Liaison with external Consultants and Sub-Contract Designers as is necessary to ensure the design output is adequate for the purposes intended and is being produced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Contribute to the prompt resolution of design related problems that may arise on Contracts and for which the Company’s Project Managers require approved designs to be re-considered
About the Candidate:
- Must have an industrial roofing & cladding background
- Be based in the South East
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Must have experience in running a design office
Points of Appeal:
- Company Going Places
- Full Order Books
- Leading Player
- Low Turnover of Staff
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com