About the Client:Established dynamic and progressive specialist Joinery and Interior Fit-Out Contractor who has built a reputation for excellence and innovation and has an international track record of achievement. The existing team produce detailed construction drawings of bespoke unitry, furniture, architectural components and fittings, they now require an experienced Designer to join team. My client is looking for an experienced Designer in and around London.
About the Role:
- Maintain close relationships with customers and design team members
- Reviewing consultant fee proposals and their scope of work with the commercial team
- Assisting Project Team with reporting in line with client and company requirements along with consideration of environmental targets set out within company objectives
- Compile a realistic design programme and information required schedule with the project team, agreed by all parties to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements
- Ensure the design has been reviewed on all projects with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction and ensure that hazards are noted on all drawings at each stage of their production
- Ensure that the company stakeholders and client stakeholders are kept updated with all progression
- Support and manage the design team and work closely with the Pre- Construction manager to complete deadlines and quotas
About the Candidate:
- The Designer should have previous experience leading / managing a design project team and preferably will have experience of interior fit-out projects
- Applicants should be proficient in AutoCAD and have knowledge of current building regulations.
- Applicants should have experience in technical detailing involving construction and/or joinery fit-out detailing with good proven 2D drawing ability. Experience of joinery detailing is preferable.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to think in 3 dimensions, be proactive, dedicated to completing projects on time and have design flair for solving problems
- You should also have a third level qualification in a Building/Construction or Architectural related subject
- Excellent communication, organisational and people management skills are required along with the ability to manage and motivate a team.
- London based role but travel may be required to attend site surveys, site visits, client meetings and design meetings.
Points of Appeal:
- Competitive day rate for the first 6 months reflective of industry level if not more followed by a competitive salary once the candidate joins permanently
- A key role working on the company’s largest project they will deliver in recent years
- An opportunity to join a progressive contractor where you will have the chance to take the company to the next level
- Autonomous environment
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Grace Murphy on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org