About the Client:My client are an established roofing & cladding contractor based in the North West. My client is looking for an experienced Document controller in and around Greater Manchester.
About the Role:
- Establish working procedures to effectively manage the control of documents.
- Maintain up- to date hard copy records.
- Identify and rectify discrepancies in document titles and reference numbers.
- Scan and upload documents when required.
- Liaising/ co-ordinating with internal staff and external clients.
- Maintain controlled copies of drawings. (internal & external)
- Establish archiving procedures.
- Responsible for the management and control of all incoming and outgoing drawings.
- Controlling the issue of reviewable design data to the client, the receipt of comments and maintaining up to date records of communication.
- Working collaboratively within the team to ensure maximum effectiveness.
- Ensure that the necessary contract documentation are collated and prepared in the necessary time scales required by the contracts.
- Ensure that any submission of documentation required is collated and prepared in line with agreed time scale
- Produce enquiry schedule to record all submissions and ensure business is not lost
- Download all tender documentation.
- Evaluate enquires via scoring matrix with support from Senior Estimator and ensure all enquiries are respond to in a timely manner.
- Provide general administration duties as required.
- Undertake appropriate training and staff development as required
- Adhere to all company’s policies and procedures, including Equality and Diversity and Health and Safety.
- Respect confidentiality: all confidential information should be kept in confidence and not released to unauthorised persons.
- Participate in the company’s Performance Review and Development Scheme.
- Adhere to Company’s environmental policy and guidelines and undertake tasks in a sustainable manner.
About the Candidate:
- Demonstrate an understanding of Document & Drawing numbering system.
- Able to work on own initiative
- Ability to multi task and remain calm under pressure
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Demonstrate attention to detail/accuracy
- Maintain confidentiality
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use general office equipment fax, photocopier
- Excellent Customer Care Skills
- Positive and self-motivated attitude
- Smart Appearance
- Versatile & Committed
- Polite professionalism
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office
- Previous experience of working as a Document Controller
- Good standard of general education 4 GCSES to include English Language and Mathematics grade A-C or equivalent
- Electronic Records Management (preferable but not essential)
- Previous experience of working in the Construction Industry. (preferable but not essential)
Points of Appeal:
- Low Turnover of Staff
- Great Company to work for
- Great Opportunity
- Well paid
- Well Known Company
- Long Established Company
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Ashley Cooper on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org