About the Client:The Estimator will play a crucial role in supporting the continuous flow of new business through the Company. CHC carries out a huge variety of civil engineering and construction contracts, ranging in value from £5,000 to £15million for an increasingly broad spectrum of Clients and working as part of the Estimating Department provides exposure to all of these. You will be welcomed into a fast-paced environment, where no two jobs are the same.
About the Role:The successful applicant will be required to:
- Scrutinise incoming enquiries
- Assess all relevant technical issues
- Carry out site visits
- Prepare take-offs and materials schedules
- Prepare subcontract enquiries and evaluate quotations
- Prepare estimates and outline programmes for the costs of the works
- Coordinate tender submissions including health and safety, environmental and quality elements
- Submit proposals to clients
- Negotiate terms and conditions with clients prior to contract award
- Participate in tender handover meetings
About the Candidate:
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office suite of software
- Knowledge of Conquest estimating software and Microsoft Project
- Necessary skills to review construction drawings and perform quantity take-offs
- Ability to produce estimates from first principles
- Capability to work on multiple tenders and budgets
- Aptitude to work autonomously
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A professional attitude to representing the Company
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines
Points of Appeal:
- Good Company to work for.
- Benefits: Pension, generous holidays, private healthcare, car allowance or company car.
- Excellent Salary Package.
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Spencer Wicks on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org