About the Client:My client are a very well established roofing contractors. They are one of the north wests leading flat and pitched roofing estimators and are looking for an experienced Industrial Roofing Estimator to join their team. My client is looking for an experienced Estimator with excellent salary package in the area of Southport.
About the Role:
- Review all enquiries with Managing Director and develop priority list.
- Liaise with customers to verify tender requirements to ensure accurate quotations to correct specification.
- Examine tender docs, issue enquiries to relevant suppliers.
- Develop relationship with key suppliers. Source best price and service.
- Take off quantities and build unit rates into quotation spreadsheet.
- Assist with site surveys and site measures as required.
- Effectively communicate and engage with the contract team and other colleagues. Support and contribute to the team effort, providing feedback and advice as necessary.
- Review and update knowledge of new products, systems, construction techniques and changes in legislation.
- Schedule materials deliveries to site. Raise purchase orders.
- Issue relevant Health and Safety documentation prior to commencement of site works.
- Full compliance with all company policies, procedures, health and safety policy and current legislation.
- To assist and produce priced tenders that are accurate, clearly detailed, competitive and returned within deadlines.
- Maintain good relationships with prospective clients and professionals to promote further tender invitations.
About the Candidate:
- Roofing experience essential.
- Previous experience in an estimator role.
- Commercially astute
- Strong IT skills
- Forward-thinking with a drive to succeed
- Must have good organisation and prioritisation
- Analysing Information, Working in Excel , Word and Outlook, Reporting Skills, Decision Making, Documentation Skills, Organisational & Presentational skills, Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities, Well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical information, Knowledge of building & material components, Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.Apply with
Points of Appeal:
- Great Opportunity
- Major Player
- Long Established Company
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Emmett Griffin on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org