About the Client:A well established, highly successful dynamic commercial flooring contractor operating in Central London and the Home Counties. Their clients are high end office refurbishment contractors and commercial developers. This role offers a fantastic opportunity to join my clients company as they further expand their Commercial Flooring operations. The successful Finishing Manager will ideally have Ceramics knowledge however they will consider someone from a Drylining background.
About the Role:
- Experience in managing internal and finishing packages across a range of disciplines.
- Be able to manage efficiently, effectively and safely the day to day running of a construction project with the support of a visiting Contracts Manager on a weekly basis.
- Work as a key member of a project delivery team.
- Be familiar and well experienced in the management of Health & Safety on site.
- Plan events on site and prepare short term programmes and communicate these effectively to the workforce and management teams.
- Monitor progress on site and review and instigate corrective action plans when necessary.
- Manage the project on site with a cost effective approach and in accordance with the strategy set at tender stage
About the Candidate:
- Must have previous Ceramics and Stone/Drylining experience
- Someone who has come from a trade background which by default enhances their technical knowledge.
- Ability to take full control and responsibility for delivery, health & safety, quality and environmental aspects.
- Can do all their own site admin.
- Is a good communicator and able to adapt styles of management to suit a range of situations on site
- Liaise with contractors and clients of all levels
- Can problem solve without the contract managers input
- Fully conversant with specifications/drawings, Bills of Quantities, CDM regulations and all relevant Health & Safety legislation.
- Ability to mobilise, manage and co-ordinate subcontractors in conjunction with Contracts Manager.
- Experience in presenting to clients and professional teams and maintaining and developing client relationships.
- CSCS and SMSTS are a must
Points of Appeal:
- Full order books
- Low staff T/O
- Fantastic working environment
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Donna Fisher on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org