About the Client:A relatively new player in the Demolition industry, we have aspirations to be leaders and are taking on a business at a rate that truly reflects those ambitions. Currently using a number of Safety Consultants, we are now in a position to grow the Health & Safety function in line with the rest of the business growth, and are looking to centralise the function by taking on a strong Health & Safety Manager to manage the operational and strategic H&S.
About the Role:
- Providing guidance on required Health & Safety legislation with regards to live demolition and decommissioning sites.
- Develop and produce high level project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Documentation including Construction Phase Plan, Environmental Plan, and Site Waste Management plan.
- Developing Risk Assessments (COSHH / Welfare / First Aid / Fire) to identify Risks and Hazards and advise on adequate control measures to ensure identified risks are brought down to an acceptable level.
- Conducting in house training and toolbox talks with management and employees regarding all Health and Safety issues and risks.
- Provide advice and guidance, and where necessary assist with the obtaining legal consents, licenses and exemptions such as discharge consents, abstraction licenses and waste management licenses as and when required and as directed.
- Maintain own level of knowledge and competency in relations to SHE Management and responsibilities including appropriate qualifications and professional membership
- To ensure the full contractual and legal compliance is achieved by advising on legislative updates, carrying out internal audits, site inspections and implementing/improving policies and procedures
About the Candidate:
- Holder of a NEBOSH General / In Construction. Holder of the NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent would be advantageous
- Membership of IOSH, GradIOSH or higher would be preferable
- Able to deliver Health & Safety training to all levels within the business from Operative to Director
- Capable of managing business wide Health & Safety and work independently within the role
- Able to take a top down, strategic view on Health & Safety, whilst ensuring all sites are visited and the Management system is kept up to date
Points of Appeal:
- Working for a business going through monumental growth
- Central London offices
- Reporting into the Managing Director
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Kevin Kelly on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org