About the Client:London based Drylining, Partitioning & Ceilings contractor founded over 20 years ago who specialise in Commercial & Residential. They have an excellent reputation in the industry and due to this fact have a lot of repeat business as well as new clients. My client is looking for an experienced Intermediate Quantity Surveyor in and around the London area. Their turnover is in excess of £25million
About the Role:
- To carry out monthly valuations of work in progress, including forecasting of final costs and sales
- Prepare and monitor project cash flow forecasts.
- Price and negotiate contract variations.
- Provide advice to project staff on commercial and contractual matters including reviewing and drafting of correspondence.
- Prepare submit and negotiate project final accounts.
- Project values range from £100k - £5 million
- Commercial vetting of sub-contractor tenders and contracts.
- Certification of subcontractor monthly valuations and final accounts.
- Ensure that business commercial processes are adhered to at project level.
- Assist in preparation and adherence to project purchasing targeting and costing budgets.
- Site measures to be undertaken at least once a month and detail recorded on site measure sheets.
- Able to work well within a team based environment.
- Communicate regularly with project staff and specialist subcontractors to ensure commercial controls are in place, understood and followed at all times.
- Manage and provide accurate formal reports in accordance with
- Discuss plan with Subcontractors to talk about material budgets and qualifications
- Follow process and procedures
- Liaise with project co-ordinator to oversee re: drawing registers etc. – set up files, variation document and finalise budgets with buyer for pricing
- Client Management / Progress / Quality – ensure on target
- Change Management / Progress / Scope
About the Candidate:
- Commercially astute, numerate, risk averse & able to accurately forecast cost & sales
- 2 years experience within a similar role
- Multi-tasking, self-motivated, energetic team player with a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Must be able to Estimate
- Have good practical organisation skills, planning of resources and programme scheduling
- Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current activities. Priorities and organise, taking a methodical approach
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic with a high standard of personal performance
- Flexible and reliable
- Ability to use own initiative
- Present information clearly, concisely and professionally
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Communicator & motivator with ability to communicate across all levels of seniority from the workface through to Senior Management level
- ‘Can do’ attitude to work
- Must be able to cover London & the South East
Points of Appeal:
- Varied opportunities to get involved in projects
- Development Opportunities
- Friendly Office Environment
- Great Salary Package
- Low Staff turnover
- Team work
- Focus on Quality Results
- Access to senior level
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Donna Fisher on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com