About the Client:One of the most respected clients within the construction industry who work with a wide range of blue chip contractors.
About the Role:Main Activities/Responsibilities:
- Understanding valuation / payment cycle.
- Basic understanding of contracts and obligations.
- Assisting in preparing and submitting monthly applications to Main Contractor.
- Regular site visits / record keeping.
- Chasing outstanding certificates / monies / retentions.
- Monitoring of site costs and budgets.
- Assisting in pricing of variations.
- Assisting in preparing for cost and CVR meetings.
- Assisting in placing and preparing documentation for sub-contract labour only and supply and fix contracts.
- Checking sub-contractor applications and preparing/assisting in raising sub-contract payment certificates.
- Assisting in the inputting of ERP cost and value data as may be required.
- Assisting in other general day to day Quantity Surveying tasks.
- Managing own workload.
- Maintaining areas of work in a clean and tidy state.
- Acting as an ambassador/exemplar of Alumet Systems and embracing/supporting/promoting the Company culture and values.
- Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement.
- To comply with any objectives/targets/KPIs given.
- To comply with all Company policies including Alumet’s Health & Safety and Environmental/Sustainability Policies.
- Any other duties relevant to the role or as determined by the Manager.
About the Candidate:Training & Development:
- Attending any internal/external training courses relevant to the role or as required by the Company.
- Ongoing personal development.
- BSc in Quantity Surveying.
- Good understanding of commercial and financial processes.
- Good organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Strong negotiator.
- High degree of initiative.
- Good letter writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Points of Appeal:
- Great company reputation
- Strong industry experience
- Training provided
- Personal development programme
- Good starting salary
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Ashley Francis on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org