About the Client:A well-established M&E Contractor with an excellent reputation and long-standing clients. They work within a number of sectors throughout the South East of England and offer engineering excellence with excellent opportunities for progression. My client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Supervisor in and around Middlesex.
About the Role:
- To act as the primary point of contact for the project / contract
- To ensure that all the quality control procedures are carried out.
- Liaise with the senior management team and feed back information regarding clients, work load and staffing issues.
- To ensure that all the quality control procedures are carried out by all members of the team.
- To liaise with clients & visit site prepare quotes as required.
- Carry out all types of surveys and setting out to a high standard.
- To visit sites and carry out risk assessments and produce method statements or work packages as required.
- Identify the need for and ensuring the development of new safe working practices.
- Ensure the implementation of emergency procedures and assist in the development, as appropriate, of local emergency procedures.
- Ensure that accidents, incidents and hazards are recorded and reported and investigated in accordance with policy and that appropriate remedial action is taken.
- Ensure that the hazards of any new duties, systems, equipment or substances are considered, and that measures are in place to eliminate or control risks identified before purchase or implementation.
- Ensure an effective system for communication and logging of health and safety information.
- Identify and fulfil Health and Safety training needs.
- Identify and inform Managing Director of health and safety training needs and where appropriate fulfilling these needs.
- Undertake regular inspections and to monitor working practices.
- Ensure when, new or temporary workers are employed within they receive appropriate information regarding the health and safety arrangements.
About the Candidate:
- Mechanical Maintenance Background
- Previous supervisory experience
- Commitment to hitting targets & SLA’s
- Pro-active man-manager
- Be a hands-on manager and lead by example
- Looking to progress to Contracts Management role
Points of Appeal:
- Well-established company
- Promotion opportunities
- Prestigious projects
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Robert Mortimer on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com