About the Client:A well-established mid-size M&E Contractor, they have gone through an impressive period of growth and work in the residential and commercial sectors on projects up to the value of around £5m. They are a company well-known for their engineering excellence and also offering the opportunity to progress careers within the business.
About the Role:
- To ensure that all contracts run to time and specification through effective planning and monitoring and, the management and support of the company’s foreman.
- To undertake monthly contract valuations and manage each contract’s accounts to ensure that they are running to budget in order to maximise the profitability of each contract.
- Ensure Variations are submitted monthly and agreed with the developer/main contractor
- To take responsibility for the purchase of large equipment in order that budgets are not unduly affected – Ensure we are better buying to meet Spec/Scope
- To represent the company and discuss/negotiate contract and technical issues by attending pre-tender and pre-start meetings with clients, in order to influence decisions and gather relevant information.
- To liaise and negotiate with consultants and clients regarding technical issues before and during contract programmes.
- To ensure that the company complies with all Health and Safety requirements in consultation with the H&S consultant.
- To be fully involved in developing and building relationships with potential and existing customers towards new and repeat business opportunities e.g. PR, customer entertainment.
- Ensuring Project Document systems are in place by CM – Procurement Schedule, Costs Control Document, RFI schedule, Technical Submissions Schedule.
About the Candidate:
- Relevant mechanical qualifications
- Proven ability of delivering mechanical installation projects ideally within residential sector
- Exceptional commercial acumen
- Pro-active man-manager
- Excellent technical knowledge
Points of Appeal:
- Growing company
- Prestigious projects
- Senior role
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Robert Mortimer on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org