About the Client:We are looking for a Mechanical and Electrical Quantity Surveyor to work for one of our key civil engineering and building clients. The client can offer an attractive salary with benefits which include a generous pension scheme, private healthcare, life insurance cover, and 35 days leave (including public holidays). This is an excellent opportunity for an individual to join a growing company with opportunities for career development and progression.
About the Role:
- To take full commercial responsibility for the successful and profitable execution of contracts
- To assist the Project Manager in ensuring reliable and contractual performance in the day to day implementation of contracts.
- To provide effective commercial and contractual support to operations on a number of projects in accordance with Company procedures.
- To ensure timely submission and agreement of applications, cost plans, variation details, claims and other documentation.
- To liaise with clients on the production and agreement of account details and securing final payment.
- To maintain subcontractor control ensuring close administration of accounts and reporting to Senior Management.
- To monitor and control all costs associated with each contract and provide information and feedback to Senior Management.
About the Candidate:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (desirable)
- Proven Quantity Surveying experience
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Experience in production of procurement schedules
- Experience of working on M&E projects with a value of over £2m
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Knowledge of various forms of contract
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Strong team player
Points of Appeal:
- Full Benefits Package
- Good Company to work for
- Excellent Salary Package
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Jonathan Stevens on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org