About the Client:As one of the UK’s longest standing AC contractors, this M&E Building services contractor have been a strong competitor in the market for a long time. With AC expertise, this company have grown in time to become an all-round contractor offering specialist services to it’s lead name clients. My client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Project Manager in and around Cheshire.
About the Role:
- Oversee and manage the lifecycle of the project or section of a project as set out by the line manager
- Directing site team (Site supervisor, sub-contract and suppliers)
- Ensure the clients requirements are being met, and maintain client relationships.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly workload commitments are achieved within set timescales
- Ensure the requirements and quality of the installed works are in line with the specification, drawings and standards
- Monitor the progress of the works and issuing frequent reports to the Project Manager or client as required
- Attendance at meetings on behalf of the company either in conjunction with others or individually
- Attending regular internal review meetings as required
- Responsible for all matters affecting the financial stability of the project and issue frequent reports to the Project Manager as required
- Responsible for the procurement of all plant, equipment, subcontractors and labour packages necessary for the works within the allotted spend limits commensurate with this role
- Responsible for ensuring with the Project Manager that all outgoing payments of suppliers and subcontractors are dealt with correctly and in accordance with company procedures
- Responsible for overall Health and Safety Management on projects, including, ensuring all personnel on site are working in accordance with latest guidance on Health & Safety at works act, including having and using the correct PPE
- Responsible for co-ordinating information flow to/from the client
- Provide information to the Project Manager to ensure that all Applications for Payment are compiled correctly in line with company procedures.
- Provide information to the Project Manager to ensure that all Contract Variations are captured and costed correctly in line with company procedures
- Responsible for ensuring the staff working for him/her understand fully their role and fulfil the requirements set out for them
- Begin final account negotiations with Clients and sub-contractors providing all supporting documents for agreement by the Project Manager/Director.
- Review value engineering both internally for commercial gain and externally if required
About the Candidate:
- To demonstrate good understanding of project financial control
- To confidently negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors.
- To continually look for avenues to improve project margin.
- To manage time and tasks to ensure efficient running of projects and department
- To form, build and maintain relationships with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- To present all correspondence, tenders, drawings in a professional manner
- Problem solving skills
- Mechanical Engineering experience
- Project management skills
- Negotiation skills
Points of Appeal:
- Prestigious projects
- Growing Company
- Progression Opportunities
- Opportunity to work with a strong name within the market
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Robert Mortimer on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com