About the Client:A Mid-Size contractor with an excellent reputation for engineering excellence. They are a leading name within the South East market, undertaking varied projects within the commercial, residential and education sectors up to the value of around £5m. They are known for offering long-term career development and this role has come about due to growth of the business. They are a leading name within the South of England and tend to work in their locality rather than Central London.
About the Role:
- Oversee and manage the lifecycle of the project or section of a project as set out by the line manager
- Directing site team (Site supervisor, sub-contract and suppliers)
- Ensure the clients requirements are being met, and maintain client relationships.
- Ensure daily, weekly and monthly workload commitments are achieved within set timescales
- Ensure the requirements and quality of the installed works are in line with the specification, drawings and standards
- Monitor the progress of the works and issuing frequent reports to the Project Manager or client as required
- Attendance at meetings on behalf of the company either in conjunction with others or individually
- Attending regular internal review meetings as required
- Responsible for all matters affecting the financial stability of the project and issue frequent reports to the Project Manager as required
- Responsible for the procurement of all plant, equipment, subcontractors and labour packages necessary for the works within the allotted spend limits commensurate with this role
- Responsible for overall Health and Safety Management on projects, including, ensuring all personnel on site are working in accordance with latest guidance on Health & Safety at works act, including having and using the correct PPE
- Responsible for co-ordinating information flow to/from the client
- Provide information to the Project Manager to ensure that all Applications for Payment are compiled correctly in line with company procedures.
- Begin final account negotiations with Clients and sub-contractors providing all supporting documents for agreement by the Project Manager/Director
About the Candidate:
- To demonstrate good understanding of project financial control
- To confidently negotiate with suppliers and subcontractors.
- To continually look for avenues to improve project margin.
- To manage time and tasks to ensure efficient running of projects and department
- To form, build and maintain relationships with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- To present all correspondence, tenders, drawings in a professional manner
- Problem solving skills
- Mechanical Engineering experience
- Project management skills
- Negotiation skills
Points of Appeal:
- Growing Company
- Development Opportunities
- Leading market name
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Robert Mortimer on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org