About the Client:My client has been established in the roofing and cladding sector for over 60 years. They work on projects from cradle to grave and are now looking to add a planner to their team.
About the Role:
- Close liaison with Design, Production and Contracts departments to monitor whether each stage of the project runs to plan and meets the needs of the project in terms of resources and outputs.
- Ensure that the planning policy and procedures are adhered to and consistency across each individual project on an ongoing basis.
- Close monitoring of progress throughout every phase of the project and communicate/report to management regarding any delays, financing, resourcing or materials management issues.
- Work closely with the Contracts Managers in the preparation and submission of the project/contract programme of works.
- Maintain regular contact with main contractor/client to define scope of projects and resulting implementation plans.
- Liaise with the Project team throughout the construction process making adjustments/revisions to programmes as necessary and communicating to all necessary parties.
- Developing and maintaining an integrated Company-wide Master programme for all planned/tendered projects together with those secured, covering Design, Manufacture and installation on site, assessing the impact of any one project on other concurrent projects and reporting and liaising with all departments to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Monitor and report on project progress in a structured manner to Directors on a regular basis, drawing particular attention to deviations from original project plan.
- Work closely with and assist the Pre-Construction team in the planning of future workload and tendering/procurement strategy
- Programme, maintain and update all project plans on an IT based system – Asta or relevant company system.
- Manage own workload and areas of responsibility
- Review all projects and modify performance measures as necessary, identifying operational requirements for the completion of each element, area or phase.
- Maintain areas of work in a clean and tidy state.
- Assisting in the implementation of the new ERP system as required.
About the Candidate:
- Previous experience of working within fenestration industry advantageous.
- High level of competency in the use of Microsoft Project and Asta Powerpoint programming software and IT skills.
- High degree of initiative.
- Technical experience and sound knowledge of building and construction methods.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- The ability to motivate a team and work with staff on all levels.
Points of Appeal:
- Great company to work for
- Exciting projects
- Cash rich company
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com