This job has been added to your shortlist
About the Client:We are a leading Civil Engineering business with a turnover nearing £100m annually. Covering disciplines that include Underpinning and Basements, RC Frame structures, Major Demolition and Groundworks, we have a highly skilled directly employed workforce, and work with a number of specially selected sub-contractors. This project will be one of London’s most well-known flagship sites, and you will have the opportunity to work on a building that can only be referred to as iconic!
About the Role:
- Working on the project from pre-construction stage through to handover, you will be managing Health & Safety both strategically and operationally.
- Not afraid to get involved with the day to day running of the project, you will be working with Site Managers, Project Managers/Directors to ensure that AFR is as low as it can be, the site is fully compliant to all legislation and drive a positive Health & Safety Culture throughout the project
- Writing and advising on specialised and specific RAMS, conducting Audits and Inspections regularly, and keeping records of inspection findings and producing reports that suggest improvements
- Chairing regular multi-company Health & Safety meetings with a range of Managers and Directors involved
- Overseeing all temporary works on site, and either overseeing or issuing permits to work on site
- Delivering useful and constructive tool-box talks on a daily basis with regular changing focus dependent on project phase
About the Candidate:
- You will be well experienced in working on Major projects, covering multiple phases working with a range of specialist sub-contractors.
- You will be able to manage Health & Safety across all internal and sub-contracting operatives.
- Capable of chairing multi-company Health & Safety meetings at a high-level.
- Holder of NEBOSH Diploma / NVQ Lvl 5 or higher / BSc or MSc in Health & Safety or Risk Management
- GradIOSH working towards CMIOSH, or currently CMIOSH
- Capable of Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Temporary works co-ordinator and qualified to issue Permits to Work
Points of Appeal:
- Working on a flagship central London project
- Competitive salary on offer for the right individual
- Influential position within the project
- Working within a very well experienced team
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Kevin Kelly on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com