About the Client:A leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry but also operate in building and civils markets, and have a turnover of over £169 million.
About the Role:
- Reporting on the financial and contractual status of works packages. This will be done by way of carrying out monthly cost to completes, material reconciliations, identifying changes and raising EWN’s in compliance with the Client change control procedure.
- Responsible for managing some major Sub-contract packages on a pipeline and reservoir Contract. They will be required to
- Prepare subcontract tender packages.
- Carry out comparisons and place Subcontract Orders.
- Manage these packages including valuing of the works and making applications for payment; identifying, valuing and agreeing variations and final accounts with them.
- Be familiar with NEC target cost contracts.
- Be able to manage client budgets.
- The framework covers a wide range of environmental and flood and risk management services, including environmental work, modeling, mapping, emergency planning, feasibility, detailed design and construction.
About the Candidate:
- Several years’ experience as a Quantity Surveyor.
- Good communicator and negotiator; with excellent commercial awareness
- Have the ability to work with minimal supervision and to strict deadlines
- A good knowledge of NEC construction contracts is required.
- Good IT skills with experience of databases and Microsoft Office products.
- A degree or equivalent in Quantity Surveying would be advantageous but is not essential.
Points of Appeal:
- Leading civil engineering and construction company
- Rapidly growing company
- Professional but fun workplace, where people have a voice.
- Opportunity for growth
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Naomi Read on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org