This job has been added to your shortlist
About the Client:We are a Curtain Walling and Architectural Metalwork business, with a strong European presence and an order book currently in excess of £50m. Due to the rapid expansion within the business, and the potential growth with a range of blue chip clients, we are looking to further develop the SHEQ department for the company.
About the Role:
- Attend project start meetings and implement the Quality control program for projects
- Ongoing surveillance / monitoring and auditing of the Quality Control Program
- Responsible for issuance, control and coordination of Post Weld Heat Treatment (PWHT) and Non Destructive Examination (NDE) contacts
- Establishes inspection plan and track inspections/actions identified
- Approves site testing such as soils testing, concrete placement and grout breaks, hydro tests, and NDT and verify tests are properly documented and carried out to the highest possible standards
- Reviews and controls documentation for the certification of construction equipment and testing equipment.
- Act as Quality Consultant for internal and external clients.
- Provides supervision, training, development, and performance management of direct reports.
- Monitor snagging towards project completion and ensure all on-conformities are addressed prior to handover
- Collating Quality Control documentation for final handover to Owner.
- Supports continuous improvement efforts and the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements.
About the Candidate:
- Strong experience of working in a Construction based Quality Control role; experience within cladding / curtain walling would be advantageous
- Experience of Auditing and Managing a 9001 Management System
- Able to travel to various sites within Central London
- Computer literate with Excel and Word, and able to pick up new systems
- Able to act as a mentor to develop other professionals within the business
Points of Appeal:
- Business going through substantial growth
- Working with Blue Chip, Tier One construction companies
- Working on major projects
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Kevin Kelly on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com