About the Client:A leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry but also operate in building and civils markets, and have a turnover of over £169 million.
About the Role:
- Be involved in the schemes from the schemes investigate & define of stage through to the Design and Construct element of the works.
- You will be required to work within the guidelines of the group’s internal commercial management systems and with the assistance of a Senior QS,
- You will be responsible for ensuring all commercial and contractual information is managed, up-to-date and tracked against tender allowances.
- Working collaboratively with other members of the team,
- You will be required to produce and provide accurate forecasts of the estimated cost to complete and the estimated final value for your projects, as well as working closely with the frameworks costs consultants and the Client.
About the Candidate:
- Previous experience in Quantity Surveying, some of which may have been within the Water industry.
- A good working knowledge of various forms of Conditions of Contract, particularly the NEC3 suite.
- Working knowledge of basic plant, equipment and materials.
- You need a Quantity Surveying degree.
- Must have knowledge of managing subcontract accounts from procurement through to final account.
- Knowledge and understanding of tendering and procurement processes.
- Computer literacy and a good understanding of Microsoft Excel.
- A proactive approach and good communication skills.
Points of Appeal:
- Leading civil engineering and construction company
- Rapidly growing company
- Professional but fun workplace, where people have a voice, are safe, reach their potential and prosper as the rewards are shared.
- Opportunity for growth
- Training (over £1Million spent on training last year)
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Naomi Read on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com