About the Client:A leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. They are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining our team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further.
About the Role:
- Accountable for the commercial and cost management of a project or programme of projects from inception to close out, ensuring that maximum efficiencies are obtained and full compliance with all Alliance and Anglian Water governance procedures is achieved.
- Providing a commercial challenge to the operations manager and his team on all project matters.
- The role involves a range of duties including monthly valuing of the works and making applications for payment; identifying values and agreeing variations with our clients; agreeing final accounts and reporting internally on the financial and contractual status of schemes including completion of monthly financial forecasts.
- Other responsibilities include procuring and letting sub-contract packages, managing sub-contractors with the site delivery team whilst on site and agreeing final accounts.
- The successful applicant must be a good communicator and negotiator; with commercial awareness and good IT skills with experience of databases and Microsoft Office products. Knowledge of construction contracts is preferred.
About the Candidate:
- In depth understanding of NEC3 contract packages and their management with the client and the supply chain.
- Experience of managing multimillion pound projects focusing on the mitigation of cost and realisation of efficiencies and innovative ways of working.
- Understanding the fundamental basis of negotiating and driving successful win/win outcomes.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness
- Team player, who has the ability to self-start and work independently
- Full driving licence
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- A degree or other qualification in quantity surveying would be advantageous but is not essential
- Environmentally and contractually aware
- Experience in the water industry would be an advantage
Points of Appeal:
- Leading civil engineering and construction company
- Rapidly growing company
- Professional but fun workplace, where people have a voice.
- Opportunity for growth
- Training (over £1Million spent on training last year)
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Spencer Wicks on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org