About the Client:My client is a privately owned Flooring Contractor based in the Surrey who cater to the Raised Access Flooring market. Project sizes vary but can go upwards of £800K but average £150K. This is an office based role so you must be happy to travel to the Surrey area. A Quantity Surveyor with any Flooring or specialist sub-contractor background will also be considered, you must have an excellent knowledge of JCT agreements as their clients are national contractors.
About the Role:
- Maintaining Contract documentation and advising on pre tender and post contract matters.
- Preparation and issue of contractual letters to clients and or sub-contractors.
- Preparing project specific monthly reports and forecasts.
- Managing and valuing variations.
- Agreement and certification of sub-contractors interim payments and final accounts.
- Preparation and submission of monthly interim applications.
- Preparing and agreeing contract final accounts.
- Some procurement is likely.
- Supporting our Contract Department on commercial aspects
About the Candidate:
- Understanding of the role of a Specialist Contractor within the UK construction market.
- Must have a good Knowledge of JCT agreements
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract used within the UK Building industry.
- Good working knowledge of standard forms of measurement including SMM7.
- Knowledge of Raised floors or Interiors product market, perhaps flooring, ceilings, partitions or similar.
- Self-motivated and able to work on own, but also as part of a small team.
- Ability to be able to work methodically and to high standards with attention to detail.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role.
- Good IT skills-particularly Word and Excel.
- Travel to and from London as required.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Good Commercial acumen.
- Ability to work as part of a close small management team, and manage numerous activities/ projects simultaneously- both short and long term.
- They encourage ‘forward thinking’ and ‘thinking out of the box’ as a small team and needs to be flexible and also innovative so they welcome ideas to be more efficient in they do.
Points of Appeal:
- Competitive Salary
- Paid Holiday.
- Pension Scheme.
- Modern office.
- Established Company with strong backing from World leader
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Donna Fisher on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org