About the Client:Well established exteriors contractor with a turnover of around £20M are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to enhance their current team. Project sizes vary but can be upwards of £8.5M. The successful candidate will have a proven history working within Curtain Walling/Rainscreen/Cladding.
About the Role:
- Producing tender documents and planning costs to preparing final bills of quantities.
- Ensure all work at every stage of a project is completed on time, within budget and to the correct standard.
- Each project is different, and comes with its own challenges.
- Initial feasibility studies
- Ensuring materials are suitable for the environment
- Negotiating costs
- Drawing up contacts with vendors
- Monitoring progress
- Advising on legal issues and representing clients in any disputes
About the Candidate:
- Minimum 2 years within a similar role Curtain Walling/ Rainscreen/Cladding
- Degree qualified or equivalent
- Live a commutable distance to Hertfordshire
- Have good negotiating skills as you will be negotiate with all kinds of people, from site workers to directors
- Be able to read architectural drawings and have an appreciation of construction processes, along with excellent numerical and IT skills
- Be well versed in building law and regulations, as well as health and safety matters, tax and insurance and contract law, so that you understand the legal implications of any decisions
- You’ll need enthusiasm and leadership potential,
- Practically minded with a problem solving approach
- Uk residents only
Points of Appeal:
- Established company
- Low staff turnover
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Donna Fisher on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org