About the Client:My client has been established in the industrial roofing and cladding sector for over 40 years. Over this period of time they have developed a reputation for providing outstanding levels of workmanship, technical support and customer service to both public and private sector organisations across the UK. They now need an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join their office in the south east. My client is looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor in and around Hertfordshire.
About the Role:
- Studies each project in depth (with other managers) where there is a 80% probability of getting a contract, with a view to negotiating risky contract clauses with customers (main contractors)
- When the Company takes a project, the QS ensures that all project managers are aware of its risks and make the effort to avoid unnecessary risks and protect the Company.
- Produce detailed valuations and cost build-ups for all contracts.
- Agree sub-contract packages and job specifics; authorising sub-contract payments along with agreement to day work, ensuring variations are properly recorded and recovered on a monthly basis.
- Negotiates financial settlements with customers when they do not / partly pay or when there are any variances to charge,
- Provide cost analysis to assist the project managers and finance manager with mid-month cost to complete forecasts.
- Handle questions relating to installation projects that are financially crucial for the branch and take responsibility for the development of an assistant QS.
- Deals with customers` claims,
- Helps employees fully understand the Quality procedures through discussion and audit
About the Candidate:
- Must be based in the south east
- Strong commercial focus, able to develop good working relationships with customers, demonstrating excellent communication skills.
- Motivated, resilient.
- Practically oriented, demonstrating rigor and excellent attention to detail and process skills.
- HNC/Degree in Quantity Surveying preferred
- Highly detail-conscious with good analytical skills
- Influencing and persuading skills
- 5+ years post-qualification experience in contracting/QS work preferred
Points of Appeal:
- Exciting opportunity
- Excellent company to work for
- Come from a sub-contracting background
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org