About the Client:The company is well established and has provided services to the Construction industry for many years, mostly in the housing sector, gaining repeat business and working alongside several blue-chip clients within the residential sector. In the last three years the company has experienced considerable growth and expansion, has a valuable order book with long term secured work, therefore we are looking for a bright and enthusiastic member to join the team.
About the Role:
- A Quantity Surveyor/Estimator with proven experience in the construction industry with an immediate start (preferably).
- This is a great opportunity for an ambitious, driven, hardworking individual who aspires for personal development and career progression with varied duties within the business. (2-3 years experience minimum)
- Meeting, liaising and negotiating with potential clients to discuss their specific needs, preparation of quotations for clients based on design stage information
- To continually liase with the client to keep them informed of progress including regular site visits. Preparation of monthly valuations and reporting back to the Directors should any issue arise and the ability to resolve contractual disputes
- Collating and issuing comprehensive tender packages, procurement of qualified sub-contractors
- Sourcing and control of materials (if required) to client’s specification
- Approval of monthly sub-contractor payments
- Preparation of all relevant O&M manual documentation (if required)
- Maintaining and control of client accounts, liasing with clients and agreeing any variation costs / payment terms in writing prior to commencement of works. Preparation and execution of Final Accounts
- Preparation of monthly CVR’s for the Directors.
About the Candidate:
- Self-motivated, pro-active with high standard of personal performance
- Good oral and written communication skills across all levels of seniority
- Good level of IT skills focusing on office suite software
- Good, practical organisation skills, planning of resources and programming schedules
- Flexible and reliable with the ability to use own initiative
- Commercially and technically astute in all construction (Carpentry based would be ideal)
- Experience in both Quantity surveying and Estimating.
- Full UK driving licence.
Points of Appeal:
- Good company to work for
- Exellent salary package
- Full benefits package
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Luke Kelly on 020 3640 8989 or email email@example.com