About the Client:My client offer an award-winning construction & property service. They work across many sectors such as commercial, community, education, health, housing and retail sectors. They value their staff as they are the forefront of their business, and are committed to and support the principles of enhanced equality & diversity, health & safety, protection of the environment and quality management. My client is looking for an experienced Senior Associate Engineer in and around Kent.
About the Role:to agreed time, quality and cost
- Manage projects from inception to completion to ensure that deliverables are issued to programme, to the required quality standard and within the agreed budget.
- You will be the lead designer on big projects and on smaller projects you will be the sole designer.
- Prepare reports, general correspondence, invoicing, formal technical proposals and fee bids
- Supervise and mentor more junior engineers and technician staff in the team
- Undertake scheme and detailed design as appropriate on individual projects
- You will be required to do survey inspections and produce written reports in in professional language on findings with appropriate recommendations
- Liaise with other members of the design and construction team, representing the Civil and Structural Engineering Group
- Assessing in the design costs and fees
- As a senior member of the team you will be required to Assist in the selection and recruitment process for engineering and technician staff
- Competent and reliable designer in structural steelwork, reinforced concrete, masonry, timber, and specification of all common structural materials
About the Candidate:
- Need to be a self-starter, personable, motivated and good communicator with excellent leadership and Team building skills.
- Able to work on own initiative but accept guidance or constructive criticism as well as leading and developing a team.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in design office
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience on building structures projects in UK
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in team leader role
- Experience of undertaking projects in any of the following markets: Residential, Hotel, Retail, Office Development, Industrial, Process
- First Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Experience of running residential and commercial projects with a value of £2 to 20m
Points of Appeal:
- Working 9-5
- Benefits: Life assurance, Excellent contributory pension, 24days holiday increasing with length of service
- Work for a growing business
- Low staff turnover
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Spencer Wicks on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org