About the Client:Established over 100 years ago, my client are one of the UK’s most experienced building services companies. They enjoy a reputation for innovation, technical excellence and operational flexibility. Their operations encompass a range of disciplines that few if any other building services companies can match. Working with just about every industrial and commercial sector, they undertake the design, supply, installation and maintenance of MEP solutions. They also frequently act as a main contractor, in which capacity they can handle every aspect of the construction process including building fabric and associated services. Supporting everything they do is a project management team that works to the very highest standards.
About the Role:Overall responsibility for the commercial management of the project(s) from initial tendering to final account to ensure that the company’s contractual position is secure and to maximise the gross profit of the project(s) ensuring a positive cashflow is generated for the business at all times
- A site based position at a world famous establishment based on the Thames
- Works consists of extensive refurbishment across the whole estate with a yearly contract value at £8m but growing year on year
- Understand the main contract and obligations; communicate these to the project team
- Understand sub-contracts and the obligations of all parties; communicate these to the project team
- Ensure that all contracts are operated in a professional and non-aggressive manner. This will include:
- Issuing required notices in a timely manner
- In conjunction with the Project Manager agree and produce the procurement strategy.
- Monitor and maintain the procurement schedule to ensure that the procurement is achieved in line with the project requirements
- Prepare the sub-contract documents and ensure they are complete & accurate and have a clear pricing criteria
- Ensure that all sub-contracts are properly executed, include all agreed matters and that all necessary bonds and/or warranties are obtained in a timely manner
- Have intimate knowledge of the tender and what it encompasses and what scope/specification levels it can support
- In conjunction with Project Manager realign cost data through tender validation process to accurately reflect contractual obligations
- Convey this information to the design team and other team members before design progresses to avoid abortive design
- Continuing monitoring of project status both in terms of progress and expenditure
- Ensure sub-contractors are paid fairly and on time
- Ensure that sub-contractors are not paid where there is no entitlement
- Prepare and present monthly cumulative and out-turn cost forecasts taking due account of any claims, potential claims, delays, variations etc and all cost liabilities.
- Update and maintain sales forecast for issue to the Commercial Director.
- Be fully conversant with the Axim accounts system to undertake the financial reviews.
- Own and promote the company’s health & safety policy & environmental policy.
- Ensure that all sub-contract packages have sufficiency to comply with the company’s health & safety policy & environmental policy.
- Ensure problems raised by the team are resolved
- Support and respect other members of the team
- Maintain ISO / BMS compliance
- Strive to achieve continuous improvement
About the Candidate:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Project and a good level of computer literacy.
- Ability to adapt to other IT programs used in the Business
- Professional Appearance
- Able to manage and prioritise workload
- Accuracy with figures
- Overall Construction & M&E Knowledge
- Confidence to negotiate with clients at a senior level.
- Ability to lead and influence the operations team.
- Reliability and commitment
Points of Appeal:
- The opportunity to join a reputable, successful business who are offering the successful candidate development and ultimately a long term career
- Clear and achievable progression route
- Competitive and negotiable salary and benefits
- A very prestigious project to add to you portfolio
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Luke Kelly on 020 3640 8989 or email email@example.com