About the Client:A leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry but also operate in building and civils markets, and have a turnover of over £169 million.
About the Role:
- To perform a technical, organisational, and supervisory role on construction projects.
- Organise a team of site engineers / junior engineers and allocate work as required to enable efficient management of engineering resources.
- Responsible for marking out sites, levelling out, surveying the site, applying designs, and plans and liaising with sub-contractors
- Check drawings and quantities and ensuring the calculations are accurate for the work
- Oversee the selection and requisition of materials and plant for use on site
- Liaise with any consultants, sub-contractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and general workforce involved in the project
- Write detailed reports
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and any other problems that may arise
- Communicate with site and office based staff regarding technical issues, in a friendly and helpful way
About the Candidate:
- Appreciation of civil engineering design and construction – particularly earthworks and setting out
- IT skills – particularly Excel.
- Self-motivated and above all a team player; displaying a medium/long term commitment to learn, share and contribute to the team
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Competent in 2D AutoCAD.
- Ability to work off own initiative
- Basic competence in 3D AutoCAD.
- Familiar with import/export of data between GPS, CAD and LSS
Points of Appeal:
- Leading civil engineering and construction company
- Rapidly growing company
- Professional but fun workplace, where people have a voice.
- Opportunity for growth
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Naomi Read on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com