About the Client:Established just over 20 years ago, my client is now one of the largest drywall specialist contractors in the UK – with a workforce of over 500 and a turnover in excess of £45m. They deliver quality services to main contractors, owner clients and architects in the UK and internationally. Their success is based on their dedication to providing the very highest standards of quality and delivery.
About the Role:
- To effectively communicate and build relationships with key clients, site supervisors, project/contract managers, operatives, surveyors, payroll and other head office staff on all aspects of Quantity Surveying on assigned projects to mitigate risk and maintain agreed margins.
- Based on site in London four days a week and one day will be spent at the office in Sussex
- To be a self-sufficient Job Surveyor who is able to work on their own initiative, leading projects while maintaining strong team relationships.
- Work with other Quantity Surveyors to share your knowledge and expertise, acting as a mentor to less experienced team members, as required.
- Work on claims and entitlements as required.
- Understand and be able to carry out weekly wage process on site.
- Plan and organise work effectively, understanding the commercial implications of design change and achieve key application dates and timelines.
- Reconcile tender to works and identify any additional works or variations
- Manage information to ensure timely application for payment with main contractor and operative wages
- Liaise with Site Management and co-produce monthly reporting for specific projects.
- Accurately estimate and evaluate price work of operatives, make decisions on rate of pay, additional rates, and price variations, whilst maintaining agreed margins and employee satisfaction through labour retention.
- Monitor and report on labour retention for your site to the client and the business
- Live and breathe health and safety, according to Company procedures
- Be responsible for self-development, as per the company’s performance management and development framework
- You may be asked to oversee other projects/Quantity Surveyors to ensure the commercial opportunities on projects are managed and maximised.
About the Candidate:
- Experience of working for a company specialising in Drylining / Joinery, ideally with a subcontractor
- Intermediate level QS considered
- Have worked on projects from £2M +
- Happy to travel to the Gatwick area once a week
- Fanatical attention to detail
- Significant construction quantity surveying experience
- Able to adjust personal style to suit varying situations
- Able to read and measure drawings
- Commercial skills
- Able to mentor and coach less experienced members of the team
- Build effective working relationships with the team and clients
- Strong IT Skills particularly with Excel
- Enjoys working with people from different professional and trade backgrounds
- Ability to travel, as required.
- Please do not apply if you do not reside in the UK and are not currently a Quantity Surveyor
Points of Appeal:
- Competitive salary
- Car allowance/company car
- Established company
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Grace Murphy on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com