About the Client:My client has been established for the past 60 years within the flat roofing sector. They have 2 offices which lets them cover all of England. The projects they work on could either both new build or refurb projects and can go up in value to £1million. Now they are looking to expand their procurement division with an experienced Buyer.
About the Role:
- Placing orders for plant and equipment from procurement schedules and site requests
- Feedback of information to estimating department
- Sourcing of new or alternative materials
- Producing supplier tender comparisons
- Sending enquiries and chasing quotes
- Arranging transfer of material/plant between sites and head office when necessary
- Attending contract handover meetings
- Attending contract coordination meetings
- Opening accounts with new suppliers
- Meeting with suppliers representatives to negotiate prices and build rapport
- Close out of supplier related NCR’s
- Regular liaison with the Purchasing Manager
About the Candidate:
- Must come from a roofing and cladding background.
- Should be based in a commutable distance to Hertfordshire.
- At least 3 years buying experience.
- Competent in the use of Microsoft office, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook.
Points of Appeal:
- Great company to work for
- Growing company
- Progression offered
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com