This job has been added to your shortlist
About the Client:They cover a range of services; however their precast division is their main business function, they cover projects within the civil engineering and build industries with significant growth predicted for the next few years They have a very low turnover of staff, with constant progression a key reason for their continued growth and success
About the Role:
- Meeting project budgets, assess the operational and financial risks for proposed construction projects and help the company select the most viable jobs.
- Working in conjunction with the Head of Commercial to ensure full awareness of all information at estimating/surveying handover.
- Establish efficient processes on site and provide effective leadership to ensure the business objectives are met.
- Autonomous site operational responsibility – including responsibility for health and safety, production, maintenance, quality, purchasing and logistics.
- Optimise factory resources - People, Plant and Materials.
- Efficient monitoring of KPIs across all aspects of the manufacturing process, to ensure that daily, monthly and annual targets are met.
- Ensure strict compliance with quality, health and safety and environmental management systems in line with current legislation.
- Identify and implement appropriate lean manufacturing techniques to improve productivity, quality, safety and costs.
- Carry out any other reasonable request made by line manager to support departmental or company objectives.
About the Candidate:
- 10+ years’ experience working on large complex projects, operating in a similar role i.e. Operations Manager or Senior Contracts Manager.
- Degree qualified, or have equivalent experience – in building, civil, structural or mechanical engineering or in a manufacturing environment
- Strong communication skills to maintain effective sharing of information across all levels of the business.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to effectively prioritise a large workload and manage multiple tasks.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving ability, with the ability to work independently and decisively.
- Strong and proven understanding of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and support.
- Hold a valid driving license.
- Previous experience of working in Precast Concrete manufacturing environment
Points of Appeal:
- Freedom within the role
- Excellent salary and benefits
- Company with a full order book
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Ashley Francis on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org