About the Client:My client is an established Structural Steel company (over 30 years) who specialise in portal, truss and complex building structures. Due to an uplift in the business they are currently seeking a new Contracts Manager to work across the business.
About the Role:
- Attend contract launch meeting once a contract is awarded to receive project from sales team
- On contract award and if not already agreed with the Client, agree a contract programme. Issue programme internally and include production periods and fabrication issue dates.
- Regularly update the contract programme and issue as appropriate
- Review contract specification and ensure that we comply with the specification or seek approval from the Engineer / Client to deviate from the specification if necessary.
- Appoint a Designer to carry out the design of the steel frame or steel connections and ensure the Designer works to the correct Design Code and in accordance with the programme requirements.
- Review designs details in particular connections and if satisfactory submit to the Design Team for formal approval.
- Appoint a Drawing Office to produce 2D layout drawings for the contract. Ensure the drawing office works to the correct specification and in accordance with our programme requirements.
- Review all produced drawings and if satisfactory submit to the Design Team for formal approval.
- Raise Information Requests for any outstanding information and formally submit to the Design Team. Monitor responses and ensure all the information is received. If necessary advise the Design Team if information remains outstanding or is late.
- Appoint a Drawing Office to produce 3D fabrication drawings and ensure the Drawing Office work to the correct procedures, information and comply with our fabrication requirements. Ensure the Drawing Office release drawings and electronic files to production in line with the contract programme.
- Continually monitor the programme and advise the Client if delays are incurred and if the programme needs to be extended or if acceleration measures need to be implemented.
- Attend any meetings required during the course of the contract, ie
- Pre-Let meeting
- Design meetings
- Commercial meetings
- Progress meetings
- Visit site and agree build sequence and build method with the Main Contractor. Write Erection Method Statement, Lifting Plan and Risk Assessments for each contract or review and sign of these documents if produced by others.
- Appoint Erection Company to carry out the site erection works. Ensure the Erectors work in accordance with our Method Statement and programme requirements.
- Carryout regular site visits to ensure the Erectors are working safely, in accordance with the method statement and our programme requirements. Inspect the erected frame to ensure it is erected correctly and as drawn.
- Issue handover certificates to the Client, including Final Completion Certificate.
- Ensure formal order received and that the order is in line with tender agreements. Ensure order is also reviewed by the Managing Director and if necessary request amendments to the contract wording.
- Ensure all works are carried out in accordance with current legislation / law and monitor changes relating to the same.
- Prepare and issue completed documentation package
About the Candidate:
- Communicates with colleagues and clients in a warm and persuasive way both formally and informally. Alters style and manner to suit audience
- Plans ahead, priorities tasks and monitors progress against plan, making alterations where necessary. Organises material and human resources
- Considers potential problems in advance and identifies opportunities and threats through analysing trends. Guides others in implanting solutions
- Ensures that all viewpoints are considered and gains agreement on mutually acceptable outcomes, whilst maintaining the interests of the business
- Assesses risk and consequences before making a judgment on available evidence and ensures that decision is implemented. Delegates where appropriate
- Proven experience as a Contracts Manager within Structural Steel.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mindset
- Excellent organisational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
Points of Appeal:
- Financial stability
- Fantastic team
- Attractive salary package
- Company going places
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Clive Rowland on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com