About the Client:My client has been established in the curtain walling sector for over 10 years. They are a located in Surrey working on projects across the South. They now are looking for an experienced Design Manager to join their team.
About the Role:
- Reviewing project details
- Manage the project design team to ensure design output achieves the agreed budget and programme.
- Put together design programmes to include design, review, manufacture and delivery periods.
- Organise and chair both internal and external design team meetings to review details/materials and proposals
- Review design information and drawings suggesting changes where necessary (either to be more commercially viable or simply a more robust design)
- Prepare and issue detailed design issues to various web portals.
- Ensure design works stay on programme
- Manage the design process from start to finish, co-ordinating with all team members (Commercial, Construction and Estimating)
- Provide support and guidance to the estimating team on specific details and systems helping to produce tender information.
- Provide support and guidance for our onsite teams in respect of technical details, systems and our design drawings, with some quality control.
- Be aware of company policies and ensure they are adhered to
- When attending sites encourage a safe working environment through own personal actions establishing an effective safety culture
- From time to time carry out related functions as may be required by any of the Company’s Directors.
About the Candidate:
- Must have a curtain walling background
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Must be technically minded in a building envelope capacity
- Must have experience in running a design office
Points of Appeal:
- Family run business
- Excellent opportunity to progress
- Stable company
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Ashley Cooper on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com