About the Client:They are an internationally recognised mechanical, electrical and instrumentation engineering contractor. They have a well-established presence in Ireland, the UK and Northern Europe, working with excellent clients across various sectors such as Datacentres, Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical, Industrial and Commercial. The successful candidate will join a well-established team and be responsible for the effective management of the project from initial client contact to project handover and thereafter to end of warranty period. In effective management of the project the company’s objectives in relation to service, profitability and client relationship development are to be achieved. In conjunction with Management and the project team you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
About the Role:
- Support the Construction Supervisor
- Manage and supervise on site personnel
- Assume a leadership role on site with regard to the work being carried out and by following & implementing the site safety plan & rules
- Ensure that employees have safety training to carry out their work
- Manage the labour resources on site to ensure efficient working
- Complete time sheets accurately & ensure they are submitted on time
- Maintaining discipline on site, report any incidents and take action as appropriate
- Manage and train apprentices in accordance with apprenticeship training programme
- Assisting Construction Managers to plan labour & material resources
- Use the purchasing system to acquire materials as required in the most cost-effective manner.
- Keeping all plant maintained & kept secure. All hire plant must be off-hired as soon as it is finished with.
- Checking all materials before you install them to ensure they are fit for use & comply with the project specifications.
- To assist in ensuring systems are handed over to the client
- To advise the Construction manager when you are doing work which is not part of tender, or when you are prevented by others from working efficiently
About the Candidate:
- Suitable candidates will have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role within the Mechanical Contracting Environment.
- A Trade Certificate or relevant qualification as a Plumber / Pipefitter is essential
Points of Appeal:In addition to Salary/Rate:
- Rotation: 6 weeks on, 1 week off
- Overseas Allowance
- Transport to and from site
- Return flights every six weeks
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gavin Farrell on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com