About the Client:One of the UK’s leading providers of electrical and mechanical design, installation and maintenance services involved in small scale local works to multi million pound developments for major corporations and leading brands.
About the Role:
- Provide expertise in providing electrical services design concepts (using AutoCAD and Amtech) along with schedule and specification writing in line with tender specifications and tender information.
- To assist in the development of new projects and to ensure that the Employers requirements are followed and improvements are made where required. To design to latest CDM requirements and ensure environmental responsibilities are followed for example BREEAM assessments.
- To complete design work in the following main areas – Lighting – Including Lux Plot Calcs Emergency Lighting – Including Lux Plot Calcs Lighting Controls Small Power layouts – Distribution Design Cable Calculations Containment Design including calculations Fire Alarm Design Incorporating and interpreting Specialist requirements including Mechanical systems. Coordination of all the above.
- To ensure surveys, feasibility studies, calculations and reports are actioned and incorporated into the designs.
- To undertake site surveys, attend project site meetings and carry out design final inspections on completion for O&M related accuracy.
- To attend meetings, seminars, training workshops and other work related issues, as required
- Assist with selection of materials, equipment and plant detailed in specifications and drawings for construction
- To assist fellow design team members on group working projects
- To liaise with specialists and consultants where appropriate to obtain assistance and advice
- To prepare method statements etc in conjunction with the CDM2 Pre-Construction documentation and regulations.
- To prepare and present drawings and schedules as requested by the Senior Engineer/Group Manager
- Ensure own compliance to Health and Safety Policies and Procedures
About the Candidate:
- Organised and methodical
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Calm under pressure
- Awareness of environmental issues
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound knowledge of CAD software
- Knowledge of Amtech or similar associated calculation software
- Good understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods
- Ability to work in a team
- An appreciation of business demands
- Revit Knowledge is beneficial, but training will be provided
Points of Appeal:
- Career progression
- Prestigious projects
- Well-established contractor
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Rob Hance on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com