About the Client:My client has been established in the curtain walling sector for over 50 years designing, manufacturing and installing specialist façade projects. They have worked on some very prestigious projects over the years including Westfields, West India Quay and ‘The Gherkin’ They are now looking to expand their estimating department.
About the Role:
- Evaluate client’s enquiry documents, checking the feasibility of design within the parameters of the specified system and glazing, also site logistics, programme, building regulations, etc.
- Correspond with the client and seek clarification over any omissions or conflicting documentation.
- Prepare material costs using system software.
- Obtain quotations for supply of materials and sub-contract elements.
- Compile pricing document using material, plant and labour costs. Apply appropriate margin.
- Draft formal quotation, prepare documentation supporting our proposals.
- Submit quotation within client’s timeframe.
- Follow up quotation submission - communicate with client at various stages of the tender process and prepare quotation revisions as required.
- Attend meetings as required with the client and members of the commercial and design teams.
- Attend internal meeting once a contract has been won, handing project over to design, commercial and contract management personnel.
About the Candidate:
- Must be based in the North West
- Ideally know Schueco & Kawneer systems
- Estimated projects up to £5million
- Excellent written and verbal communication skill
- Be proactive in your approach to work
Points of Appeal:
- Full order books
- Cash rich company
- Excellent progression offer
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com