About the Client:My client has been established for over 100 years. They work on a national scale with 8 regional offices. They specialise in new build industrial roofing projects which consist of Mastic Asphalt, Single Ply, Hot Melt & Cold Liquid systems. They now need an experienced Estimator to join their team in Manchester.
About the Role:
- When tenders arrive, assess the type of tender , client and closing date of tender to determine prioritisation of all tenders
- Review and assess tenders ensuring all tender documents are received and are correct
- Review tender documents assessing scope risks involved , tender complexity and provide feedback to the Commercial Director.
- In-conjunction with Quantity Surveyor, conduct site inspections for tender understanding, analysis of conditions, assessment of risk and identification of activities that may or may not be shown in the tender documents.
- Calculate and prepare quantities in conjunction with the Quantity Surveyor.
- Compile letter of offer, tender schedules, program and other items required by the tender.
- Liaise with client on an on-going basis to determine progress of tender.
- Compile relevant tender information into Benchmark and estimate price.
- Make tender amendments where applicable utilising client feedback on submitted tender.
- Maintain sound and cooperative working relationship with existing clients
- As required attend and participate at Industry functions
- The post holder will also undertake any other duties as required.
About the Candidate:
- At least 5 years industrial roofing estimating experience
- Ideally now Mastic Asphalt, Single Ply, Hot Melt & Cold Liquid systems
- Must be based in or around Manchester
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skils
Points of Appeal:
- Great company to work for
- Progression offered
- Good pension
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com