About the Client:My client is a large flat roofing specialist sub-contractor based in Glasgow. They specialise in single ply, hot melt and liquid applied systems with projects going up to £1million in value. They are now looking for an experienced Estimator to join their team.
About the Role:
- Evaluate client’s enquiry documents, checking the feasibility of design within the parameters of the specified system and glazing, also site logistics, programme, building regulations, etc.
- Correspond with the client and seek clarification over any omissions or conflicting documentation.
- Prepare material costs using system software.
- Obtain quotations for supply of materials and sub-contract elements.
- Compile pricing document using material, plant and labour costs. Apply appropriate margin.
- Draft formal quotation, prepare documentation supporting our proposals.
- Submit quotation within client’s timeframe.
- Follow up quotation submission - communicate with client at various stages of the tender process and prepare quotation revisions as required.
- Attend meetings as required with the client and members of Norman & Underwood commercial and design teams.
- Attend internal meeting once a contract has been won, handing project over to design, commercial and contract management personnel.
- Attend regular estimating review meetings, chaired by the Director.
About the Candidate:
- Must be based in or close to Glasgow
- Should have an excellent knowledge of flat roofing
- At least 5 years estimating experience
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skill
Points of Appeal:
- Great company to work
- Interesting projects
- Progression within the business offered
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org