About the Client:Fantastic opportunity with a Passive Fire Protection Contractor based in West London who are going from strength to strength within the market. Due to expansion they require a dynamic experienced Estimator to join the team, this will be a varied role as you will be tasked with business development to help drive the company forward. Project sizes vary from a few thousand up to £1M mainly in the London area for high rise tower blocks. The ideal candidate will have a good knowledge of fire doors, however, joinery and dry lining backgrounds will also be considered
About the Role:
- Carefully inspect tender documentation. Analyse exact requirements and identify any areas that have implications to the company.
- Provide a detailed take-off, cost analysis and Bill of Quantities based on information
- provided from drawings, specification and cost plans.
- Unit rate build-ups to be checked and amended where necessary.
- Clearly mark Bills of Quantities to identify items to have enquiries sent out, together with specification, preliminary elements and appropriate drawings.
- Monitor enquiry process and dates for quotation returns.
- Oversee or complete the quote analysis comparison and make selection for inclusion in priced tender.
- Contact appropriate person to arrange site inspection. Visit site and make all necessary record notes and take appropriate photographs. Assimilate information and take account of in tender pricing.
- Assess individual rates and prices, amend, create new or insert from material and subcontract quotes.
- Using standard preliminary forms, build-up allowances for each project. Discuss construction sequence of project with Project Managers to enable a proposed construction period to be determined. Use to calculate preliminary allowance. Consider other methods or approach and determine the specific preliminary requirements.
- Re-assess build-ups taking account of all known conditions and requirements and adjust figures as necessary.
- Check with Sales Director prior to issue.
- Collate tender information and build-ups and complete internal project handover pack prior to the handover meeting. Arrange convenient meeting date with operations department within one week of letter of intent, receipt of order or commencement date (whichever is sooner). Attend meeting, explain project and handover documentation and additional copies as necessary.
- Pre-tender meetings
- Attend any Pre-tender meeting called by the client organising and arranging any requirements for presentations, samples and supply chain inclusion.
- Make all necessary record notes taken during the meeting along with any supporting documentation that may have been provided. Assimilate information and take account of in tender pricing
- Post-tender meetings
- Meet with the client team to carry out value engineering exercises if necessary liaising with the relevant departments and supply chain as appropriate.
- Check tender figures for other estimator’s tenders as required
- Provide support to the estimating team in pricing tenders and providing budget costing.
- Contact with people outside the company will be by telephone, email, letter and meeting in person.
- Assist others in selection of materials and suppliers when required to do so and propose alternative materials or methods.
- Organising of meetings requires contacting relevant parties, agreeing convenient times,preparing agendas, leading meetings where appropriate and providing minutes and feedback as necessary.
- Recording existing site conditions, etc. will require taking photographs and detailing a written account of the surveys for consideration when preparing and adjudicating each tender.
- Take responsibility for ensuring tender is delivered on time either via email/recorded delivery or to the appropriate place as required.
- It is expected that a number of reports will be provided on a monthly basis, i.e. tenders submitted and their outcome, together with various other individual reports as requested.
- Help with coaching/mentoring of technical trainees while in the estimating department.
- The role will pick up other duties and responsibilities as the company grows and expands
About the Candidate:
- Knowledge of the construction industry, the building process/environment, material components, building regulations, estimating (including taking-off) and Health and Safety.
- Management skills – programming, planning, compiling reports.
- Word processing and computer skills for record keeping/data entry and report writing including Microsoft Word and Excel as well as Outlook and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of contractual procedures and responsibilities.
- Good negotiation, influencing and communication skills; well-spoken and personable; able to get on with diverse personalities.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities.
- Good organisational Skills and attention to detail
- Highly numerate with well-developed ability to accurately manipulate numerical
- Confident and resourceful
- Evidence of maintaining a professional, consistent and fair approach.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work alone or within a team.
- Full driving licence.
- Personal commitment to equality and diversity
- BTEC Higher National Certificate in Construction/Building, or equivalent
- Previous estimating experience of at least 5 years.
Points of Appeal:
- Fantastic opportunity
- Great team
- Ongoing training
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Grace Murphy on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com