About the Client:
About the Role:To manage, plan and control all works within areas of responsibility with regards the three Leisure Centres within the Leeds PFI contract in order to meet all obligations to the client as outlined in the site specific schedule of works and ensure delivery is in line with contractual obligations and strategies, policies and procedures. To also be the contract subject matter expert with regards to Hard FM Services across the Leeds contract providing advice and support to the other AFM’s.
- FM Manager responsible for the maintenance and operation of three Leisure Center’s in the Leeds PFI contract.
- To ensure that all plant, machinery and systems are maintained in a serviceable condition and are fully compliant with all relevant health and safety legislation, codes of practise and company policies.
- Supervise teams of facilities staff in line with LCC and contract requirements.
- Assist in ensuring a safe, secure working environment for all site users. Including H&S monitoring, inspections, audits and coordination of all H&S requirements.
- Assist in development and monitoring of facilities services and staff including auditing of services.
- Ensure staff and contractors work effectively, efficiently and within safe guidelines across all sites.
- Provide as and when required any information, reports, quotations or other details in order to assist in achieving financial targets and reporting requirements.
- Act as the Leisure Centre contact and liaise on a regular basis with representatives from LCC as and when required.
- Plan & organise training programmes for facilities staff in order to assist in maintaining safe working practises and staff development.
- Manage day to day technical problems providing a first line response in accordance with service deliverables. Management of PPM implementation.
- To manage and control sub-contractors with regards to legislative requirements and IFM policies.
About the Candidate:
- Experience of the co-ordination of all maintenance in relation to the Building Services including building fabric and structure M&E utilising both internal and external resources.
- Good knowledge and experience of Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality systems
- Good knowledge of statutory compliance and current legislation, regulations and standards, with experience of managing a sites statutory compliance
- Management of Building Services: demonstrate organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met. Good client and contractor management skills and a sound knowledge of Health & Safety Management will be a prerequisite.
- Management of people issues - Demonstrates that safety is paramount in all business operations and maintains well being of employees. Understand and apply appropriate employee legislation, safety, health and environment regulations whilst applying appropriate recruitment, reward and disciplinary processes and procedures (grievances, absences, etc).
- Commercial awareness - Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value.
- Problem solving and analysis - Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
- Personal motivation - Commits self to work hard towards goals. Shows enthusiasm and career commitment
- Good commercial and financial acumen and clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Qualified to HND or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline
- Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status
- NEBOSH or other Health and Safety qualification desirable
- Understanding of the PFI process and the contractual nature of the work
- Experience in the PFI sector
- Knowledge of Facilities Management within the Leisure Sector especially maintenance regimes with regards swimming pool operation would be extremely advantageouseg PWTAG Pool water Authority Guidelines, HSG179 Management of Swimming Pools. National Pool Plant Operators certificate; and
- Knowledge of buildings management or buildings systems
Points of Appeal:
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Spencer Wicks on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org