This job has been added to your shortlist
About the Client:My Client is an international, multi-disciplined projects company and we are currently seeking a Mechanical Estimator to work on diverse and exciting projects. This is an excellent opportunity to secure a position with one of the country’s leading contractors as we continue our expansion across new sectors and global regions throughout Ireland, UK and Continental Europe.
About the Role:The country is going through a period of growth with tender enquiries increasing as we improve our client base. Due to that fact there is a need for a mechanical estimator to join the pre-construction team and predominantly work on London based projects. The successful candidate will work closely with our electrical estimator to compile competitive tenders as well as devising ways in which we can be more competitive through engineering practices. We are looking for a confident candidate, who is willing to grow and adapt with the company, key to the role will be an individual who is not simply a number cruncher but is keen to be involved in the wider bid process such as writing methodologies along with the delivery team and aiding production of programmes. My Client has an enviable track record of delivering complex quality MEP schemes both on time and according to margin targets. This process starts at estimating and the individual will need to have an understanding of the wider company processes in order to appreciate how they fit in to the wider team. Beneficial sector experience would include plant replacement, commercial, heritage, residential and healthcare.
- Liaise with clients and supply chain in order to develop successful relationships and ‘Added-Value’ through continuous development, innovative, best practice techniques.
- Effectively undertake Tender Enquiry activities in line with Company Processes, including commercial/technical aspects whilst maintaining non-collusive policy always.
- Ensure the Production of Effective Prime Cost Tenders in a timely manner to be submitted to the relevant Senior Management for Adjudication.
- Ascertain the Risks present on each individual Project and record / manage through via the Risk Register.
- Provide Technical Guidance, Advice & Bid Support, and Cradle to Grave Approach including involvement with tender programmes and methodologies.
- Attend site visits where applicable to ascertain tender requirements.
- Attend tender start up meetings and tender settlement meetings.
- Introduce and establish relationships with local supply chain partners in order to assist in maintaining the regional vendors list, including market testing of labour packages.
- Promote positive communication with Clients and all members of the Professional Team.
- Work closely and cohesively with other members of staff to produce high quality tenders.
About the Candidate:
- Strong technical & engineering background, with experience of customer management, with strong inter-personal skills.
- Proven track record as an Estimator within the London region.
- Good understanding and knowledge of Bid Management, quality systems and estimating work-winning procedures.
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of pricing and operation of building services.
- Excellent knowledge of Mechanical Services Design & Cost elements
- Able to present and discuss proposal negotiations with partners, clients and their representatives
- Must have the ability to self-manage tasks & people to a tight deadline, however contributing to a multi-disciplined regional & work-winning team.
- Well-developed commercial and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, organisational skills and to be a team player.
- Dynamic and focused.
Points of Appeal:
- Up to 65k basic + discretionary bonus depending on hitting relevant milestones
- 25 days annual leave + bank holiday
- Additional annual leave by 1 day after first 2 years and 1 every year after
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Gavin Farrell on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com