About the Client:A leading civil engineering and construction company mainly operating within the water industry and directly employing over 1000 people. They are a fast growing business with over 250 new people joining the team in 2016 and numbers for 2017 projected to increase further.
About the Role:
- An excellent opportunity has arisen for an ambitious individual to support our project teams in delivering the planning function on projects delivered for our client - Welsh Water.
- Involvement with Site Team in all aspects of project planning, programming and progress monitoring, including information flow, procurement, and site works.
- To liaise with the Client, subcontractors, suppliers and designers on all matters relating to planning, and to attend and contribute to site meetings and other associated meetings.
- Assist in the management of change in regards of impact on programmes and progress.
- Provide the planning service on tenders and projects
- Attend pre-contract meeting to explain the planning aspects of the contract.
- Office based or site based as an integral part of the bid or project teams.
- Monitor and prepare a progress report on the project programme.
- Maintain look ahead programmes and advise on implications to both Client & Project Team.
- Competence of Planning software (Primavera P6)
- Consider and discuss alternatives with the Project Manager.
- Advise and liaise with in-house temporary work and design engineers of project requirements.
- Contribute to Risk Assessment and review of programme and method
- Implement Company procedures.
- Appraise, co-ordinate and integrate subcontract and design programmes.
- Champions good planning practice by all involved in the project
- Maintain the as-built programme, be able to tell the story of what happened and why
- Act as map maker for the project
About the Candidate:
- Primavera P6 experience is essential. Microsoft Project would be desirable but not essential.
- Appropriate Degree (desirable) / HNC (minimum).
- CSCS card required.
- Extensive industry experience in Civil Engineering and Infrastructure
- Ability to communicate the planning strategy for a complex programme to the wider team to ensure accuracy of information.
- Experience of working within a collaborative environment.
- Knowledge of Project Controls including earned value and schedule risk analysis.
- Other software Microsoft applications including Excel, Powerpoint, Word is desirable
Points of Appeal:
- Rapidly growing company
- Professional but fun workplace, where people have a voice.
- Opportunity for growth
- Training (over £1Million spent on training last year)
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Spencer Wicks on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com