About the Client:A leading geotechnical contractors with a proven capability in all elements of ground investigation and stabilisation.
About the Role:
- To manage day to day operational control of multiple contracts of all sizes, focusing on safety, quality, productivity, cost control, performance to programme and customer service.
- To maintain commercial awareness ensuring the Company is not exposed financially and to achievement of full margins from operational activities.
- To manage contracts such that they perform in line with budget and to maintain a motivated, effective and safety conscious workforce.
- To ensure good client relations and that clients requirements are met, to maximise opportunity for repeat business
- Assist Contracts and Operational Management in allocating rigs and labour to contracts and ensuring efficient use of resources.
- Meeting clients/clients representatives (e.g. project manager/CDM co-ordinator) at pre-contract stage where required by attending pre-contract meetings.
- Communicating contract/clients requirements to subordinate engineers and site teams. (including allocation of individual contract roles and responsibilities).
- On-site and remote supervision and management of multiple contract works ensuring the works are carried out correctly, efficiently (on programme), safely and in accordance with the contract specification (including technical guidance) and Company quality procedures.
- Produce/Approve safety documentation (including CDM Safety Plan) where required, method statements and quality plans as required.
- Review and sign off sub-contractor payment certificates.
- Direct, where required, borehole location and sampling, specifying and interpreting in-situ testing, preparation and review of laboratory test schedules, control of samples, preparation (where required) and checking of contract technical output (borehole logs & test results).
- Direct, where required, drilling & grouting contracts (including specialist grouting techniques), establishment of grid/borehole locations, execution of grouting works, grout production, quality control, sampling, preparation and review of laboratory test schedules, preparation (where required) and checking of correct technical output (drilling & grouting records).
- Monitor weekly progress against programme requirements, establishing weekly contract values, costs and sub contract liabilities.
- Liaison with commercial department and following up works through to final account settlement (including production of monthly applications)
About the Candidate:
- Civil Engineering / Geology related Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Significant experience within the geotechnical industry with solid understanding of ground conditions, Drilling and Site Investigation works.
- Good understanding of geotechnical processes and contract management.
- Excellent understanding of written English and good standard of letter writing.
- Strong IT skills, including Microsoft office, database maintenance and reporting.
- Good interpersonal skills to liaise with clients and members of the regional team.
- Full UK driving licence.
Points of Appeal:
- Work for a leading contractor
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Development and training
- Opportunities to experience different disciplines within the company
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Spencer Wicks on 0203 640 8989 or email email@example.com