About the Client:The Directors of my client have over 40 years’ experience within the façade sector with a great mix of commercial and operational knowledge. They are now looking to add to their team with a an experienced Project Coordinator to work in central London.
About the Role:
- Place and expedite purchase orders in line with project requirements.
- Raise and issue invoices and other financial documents as required.
- General business admin such as directing enquiries, speaking to customers and suppliers, inputting
- accounting software etc
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders: designers; factory manager(s); suppliers and colleagues to ensure deadlines and expectations are met.
- Manage the logistics of materials, plant and waste in line with project requirements.
- Look for cost-effective solutions to increase profit margin by negotiating prices for sub-contractors and materials.
- Assist in the creation and subsequent monitoring and updating of a detailed project Gantt chart, short term look-a-head programme and weekly plan.
- Effectively manage plant hire in conjunction with the site manager
- Control of costs with regular monitoring and astute buying.
- Assist PM in CTC process and ensure accuracy of cost element coding in line with cost plan.
- Create and maintain sustainable relationships with our supply chain partners.
- Assist the finance department with clearing ‘blocked’ invoices
- Expedite the issue of delivery notes from site/factories to assist in the GRN process.
About the Candidate:
- Experience of working for a constructions company preferably a specialist sub-contractor in a coordination, administrative, purchasing/buyer or technical role.
- Advantage - broad technical knowledge of the facade/envelope industry.
- Broad planning experience. Ideally be able to use appropriate software e.g. MS Project.
- Broad buying and negotiation experience.
- Financial awareness/understanding, cost control and forecasting.
- Manage project supply chain partners effectively and efficiently.
- Computer literate, ideally with a good understanding of the following: Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, Xero.
Points of Appeal:
- Great progression offered
- Based in Central London
- Exciting projects
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org