About the Client:My client has been established for over 20 years with the curtain walling sector and work on projects from initial design idea through to the completion of the project on site. Now due to and increase in work load they are looking to bring on an experienced Project Manager based in Glasgow.
About the Role:
- Evaluate and determine resources needed to undertake the project and reformulate additional resources if necessary during the project.
- Look for cost-effective solutions to increase profit margin through value engineering, variations, new techniques, negotiating prices for sub-contractors and materials.
- Ensure client satisfaction throughout all stages of the project.
- Responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring all aspects of site health and safety.
- Work within Company policies and procedures
- Either personally or via sub-contractors, ensure that a cost plan is maintained for each project.
- Ensure that quality procedures are rigorously implemented by self and subordinates.
- Ensure that the company’s legal contractual position is protected when project variations to original specification/plan etc occur in consultation with QS if appropriate.
- Obtain client agreement to make applications for stage and/or final payments at earliest opportunity to maximise cash-flow including resolving issues with client to secure payment.
- Encourage best practice and continuous improvement.
About the Candidate:
- Experienced project manager/senior site manager for a specialist sub-contractor, preferably installing Curtain Walling, Structural Glazing, Windows and doors.
- Broad technical knowledge and business experience.
- Must understand the technical capabilities of curtain-walling/structural glass systems.
- Commercial awareness
- Very experienced in the use of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project
- Ability to plan a job, including materials and labour
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written
- Negotiation skills
- Financial understanding
Points of Appeal:
- Great company to work for
- Good benefits
- Local projects
- Excellent career progression offered.
If you are interested in the above vacancy or wish to discuss any other opportunities please contact Alex Moore on 0203 640 8989 or email firstname.lastname@example.org